After a truck accident in Orlando, Florida, call Payer Personal Injury Lawyers. Accidents involving big rigs, tractor-trailers, semis, and other large commercial vehicles tend to happen when truck drivers or trucking companies are negligent. Our experienced Orlando truck accident lawyers can help you demand accountability and fight to get the substantial monetary award you need and deserve.
Since we were founded, truck accident victims and grieving families in Orlando have turned to Payer Personal Injury Lawyers for help after life-changing wrecks. We’re top-rated Florida litigators with 50+ years of experience and a proven ability to take on powerful trucking companies and win big for our clients. Our results represent the hard work we do, with over $100 million recovered.
Set yourself up for success by putting our award-winning legal team in your corner. We offer a free initial case evaluation, so contact our Orlando, FL, law office at (407) 648-1510 to schedule yours today.
How Payer Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Tractor-Trailer Accident in Orlando, FL
Getting into an accident with a big rig is entirely different than your average fender bender. In accidents involving large trucks, many parties can be involved. Liability can be complicated. Determining precisely why and how the truck accident happened can require time-consuming (and costly) investigations and coordination with government agencies.
Plus, the trucking company will invest considerable manpower and resources into fighting your claim for damages.
You can level the playing field – and give yourself the edge you need to win – by trusting our Orlando personal injury lawyers with your case.
When you choose Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, you send a clear message to the trucking service and their insurance company – that you won’t be pushed around and are serious about recovering the maximum financial award you deserve.
Our team is here to handle every aspect of your truck accident case while you take this time to focus on your physical and emotional well-being.
Count on us to:
- Analyze results of investigations conducted by state and/or federal government agencies
- Coordinate an independent inquiry into the circumstances of your truck accident
- Evaluate black box data, dashcam footage, driver communication records, pre-and-post-trip inspection reports, inspection and maintenance records, photographs, company hiring and training policies, witness testimony, and other evidence
- Bring in trucking industry specialists, mechanics, accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and other expert witnesses to consult on your case
- File all necessary legal claims and documents with the insurance company and/or local court in Orange County
- Prepare a compelling claim that forces meaningful settlement negotiations with the trucking company
- Aggressively pursue a top-dollar verdict at trial if the defendant refuses to offer a fair settlement
We understand that a truck accident can change the course of your life forever. It can also be incredibly costly, between expensive medical bills and a sudden loss of income. Our law firm wants to help you navigate this difficult time in your life. That’s why we work on contingency. You pay nothing unless our truck accident attorneys in Orlando, FL, win compensation for your case.
Call our Orlando law office to learn more about the benefits of having our skilled legal team fighting for you. Your first consultation is free.
How Common Are Florida Truck Accidents?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 9,199 commercial truck accidents were reported across the State of Florida in 2022.
These truck accidents caused 4,446 injuries and at least 281 fatalities.
That’s roughly 25 truck accidents and 12 related injuries every single day.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Orlando?
Negligence is the primary cause of trucking accidents in Orlando, Florida.
Some of the top contributing factors include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Negligent hiring and training
- Driving in violation of FMCSA hour of service regulations
- Fatigued driving
- Braking errors
- Driving too fast for road or weather conditions
- Texting and driving
- Other forms of distracted driving
- Uneven cargo load
- Drunk driving
- Wide turns
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Failing to perform mandated inspections
Our truck accident lawyers in Orlando will thoroughly evaluate the circumstances of your crash to determine why and how it happened. Once we know the cause(s), we can begin to build a compelling claim that forces at-fault and liable parties to take responsibility for the consequences.
Who Could Be Liable For a Truck Accident?
In Florida, liability – or financial responsibility – for a truck accident can extend to:
- Truck Driver: truck drivers can be liable for accidents caused by their own negligence, which might include speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving, or ignoring important safety regulations.
- Trucking Company: trucking companies can be vicariously liable for the negligence of their drivers and responsible for accidents caused by their own negligence, such as negligent hiring and inadequate fleet maintenance.
- Third-Party Motorists: drivers of passenger vehicles, bus drivers, motorcyclists, and other drivers on the road can be liable if their negligence contributes to a truck accident.
- Truck Manufacturer: sometimes, truck defects – like faulty tires or engine problems – can cause trucks to crash. In these situations, the company that designed, manufactured, or sold the truck can be liable for resulting damages.
- Government Agency: government agencies responsible for road design and maintenance can be liable if a road defect contributes to a truck accident.
Count on Payer Personal Injury Lawyers to aggressively pursue compensation from anyone who directly or indirectly contributed to your Orlando truck accident.
What Damages Can Be Awarded to Orlando Truck Accident Victims?
Following a truck accident in Orlando, Florida, you can generally file a legal claim seeking compensatory damages.
Compensatory damages fall into two categories: economic and non-economic. Each serves a different purpose.
Economic damages are intended to make you financially whole after your truck accident, offsetting verifiable costs related to:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Nursing assistance
- Funeral expenses if an Orlando truck accident is fatal
Non-economic damages are intended to make up for the trauma, life changes, and suffering you experience as a truck accident victim, such as:
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
The trucking company will try to downplay your injuries and the impact the truck accident has had on your life. Their goal is simple: to limit the monetary award you can get in a settlement or at trial.
Payer Personal Injury Lawyers won’t let them dictate the terms of your case.
We’ll thoroughly investigate your accident, gather compelling evidence, and work closely with trusted experts as we identify and value your damages. When it’s time to negotiate, we’ll have prepared a powerful claim that’s designed to leverage an award that really represents what your truck accident case is worth.
How Can Shared Fault Affect My Orlando Truck Accident Settlement?
Florida operates under a system of modified comparative negligence. Under the law, you cannot recover compensation for a truck accident if you’re more than 50 percent to blame for the collision.
You can recover a reduced award if you share 50 percent or less responsibility for the truck accident.
Damages are reduced proportionately. So, sharing 10 percent liability will result in a reduction of damages by 10 percent.
Our Orlando truck accident attorneys will be ready to help you counter claims of contributory negligence and fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Truck Accident Injuries Can Be Catastrophic
A fully-loaded tractor-trailer can weigh 24 times more than your average midsize car and 13 times more than a large SUV. As a result, they can do considerable damage in a motor vehicle accident. Often, it’s the occupants of these smaller vehicles that suffer the worst consequences.
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to help you pursue compensation for all of your truck accident injuries, including:
- Brain injury
- Eye injury
- Vision or hearing loss
- Internal organ damage
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Joint injury
- Spinal fracture
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Get to the closest hospital in Orlando, FL, as soon as possible after a truck accident. Then don’t hesitate to call our law office to discuss your situation, learn about your legal rights, and discover how we can help you fight for life-changing compensation.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for Florida Truck Accident Lawsuits?
Most truck accident lawsuits in Orlando will be subject to a two-year statute of limitations.
This gives you until the second anniversary of your truck accident to pursue compensation from a negligent truck driver or trucking company.
Once the statute of limitations expires, so does your right to demand financial accountability. Protect yourself by calling our legal team for help right away.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Orlando Truck Accident Lawyer
Call Payer Personal Injury Lawyers if you’ve recently been injured or suffered the death of a family member in a truck accident in Orlando, Florida. You may have the right to demand compensation for your medical expenses, lost earnings, and other crash-related damages. Our award-winning Orlando truck accident lawyers can help you maximize your recovery.
Put a team with 50+ years of experience that’s won over $100 million in settlements and verdicts in your corner.
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our client reviews on Google here.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Orlando, FL
Open 24 hours
Our personal injury law firm in Orlando also provides:
- Amusement Park Accident Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Boating Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Brain Injury Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Bus Accidents Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Lyft Accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Uber Accidents Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Workplace accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Orlando, FL