Were you hit by a car while walking down the street in Orlando, FL? Contact Payer Personal Injury Lawyers for legal assistance today. An experienced Orlando pedestrian accident lawyer can help you fight to recover full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Since we were founded, our legal team has provided top-quality legal services to accident victims across Orlando. We’ve put over 50 years of combined experience to work for our clients–and won over $100 million in settlements and verdicts in the process.
Our legal team is here to provide the legal advice and guidance you need. We’ll handle every aspect of your case while you recover, so call our law offices in Orlando, Florida, at (407) 648-1510 to schedule a free consultation today.
How Can Payer Personal Injury Lawyers Help Me Fight for Compensation if I Was Injured in a Pedestrian Accident in Orlando?
Pedestrians are vulnerable to the most severe injuries. Victims often endure months of physical pain before they reach maximum medical improvement. Even then, many never recover fully. You deserve to be compensated if the accident wasn’t your fault.
Even if it seems clear that you deserve compensation, it can be tough to juggle an insurance battle while you recover. Insurance companies know that–and often try to take advantage of accident victims by offering lowball deals. You deserve an experienced Orlando personal injury lawyer who can protect you.
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight for you by:
- Independently investigating the circumstances of your accident
- Identifying all responsible parties and sources of insurance coverage
- Defending against allegations that you share fault for the accident
- Calculating the true value of your injury claim
- Bringing in top-rated experts in various fields
- Negotiating with the insurance companies for a fair deal
Our Orlando personal injury attorneys have earned a place on the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. To learn more about how our legal representation can benefit you, call for a free case review today.
How Dangerous Are Pedestrian Accidents in Florida?
The streets are becoming more dangerous for pedestrians everywhere. According to statistics published by the Governors Highway Safety Association, pedestrian deaths reached a 40-year high in 2021. According to that report, 7,485 people were killed in car accidents in 2021.
Florida is one of the most dangerous states in the country for pedestrians. In fact, despite efforts to improve pedestrian safety, new studies have found that Florida is the second-deadliest state in the nation when it comes to pedestrian crashes.
Across the State of Florida, 10,141 car accidents involving pedestrians were reported in 2022. Sadly, 776 pedestrians were killed in those crashes. In Orange County alone, 664 pedestrian accidents and 56 fatalities occurred in 2022.
What Is My Orlando Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
Every case and every victim is different. Injured pedestrians tend to receive the highest settlements and verdicts when their injuries result in a permanent or long-term disability. However, many different variables can play a role in calculating your case value.
In general, the most significant issues to consider include:
- The extent of your injuries
- The length of your recovery and whether you lose income during recovery
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you’ll need ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, or assistance
- How the accident and injury impact your future earning potential
- The extent of your physical pain and emotional distress
- Whether your own acts contributed to the injuries in any way
The costs associated with an injury can be more extensive than you might initially think. With our attorneys by your side, you can rest easy that you’ll have an experienced advocate fighting for every dollar you deserve. Call our team at Payer Personal Injury Lawyers today to get started.
What Damages Can Be Awarded in a Successful Orlando Pedestrian Accident Case?
There are two primary types of damages available to personal injury victims: economic and non-economic damages.
Examples of the specific types of damages you may have suffered include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Lost future earning potential
- Rehabilitation and specialized therapies
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Chronic pain
- Additional damages for wrongful death in fatal accident cases
Our Orlando pedestrian accident attorneys have seen cases like yours before. We’ll carefully evaluate the circumstances of your accident, injury, and recovery prospects to determine the types of damages that may be available in your case.
Can I Win My Case if I’m Being Blamed for a Pedestrian Accident in Florida?
You may be entitled to compensation even if you share some blame for an accident. Accident victims in Florida can recover partial compensation as long as their share of blame is less than 51%. Under Florida’s modified comparative negligence law, you lose your right to compensation if the insurance company can prove you were at least 51% to blame.
Assuming that you were less than 51% at fault, your compensation will be reduced by your share of fault. Let’s say that the insurance company presents evidence that you were 25% to blame because you were distracted and failed to check for cars before crossing the street. That can result in a $1 million settlement being reduced to $750,000,000.
Pedestrian Accidents Often Cause Serious and Life-Changing Injuries
When a pedestrian is hit by a car, the results can be devastating–especially in cases where motor vehicles are traveling at high speeds. Most pedestrian injury cases involve double impact. That means the pedestrian is injured when they are struck by a car and suffers additional injuries when they hit the pavement.
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to recover compensation for your injuries, including:
- Crushing injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Back injuries
- Chest and thoracic injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If the accident was someone else’s fault, you shouldn’t have to bear the weight of these injuries alone. Our lawyers in Orlando are here to help you fight for the full compensation you deserve. To learn more about your legal rights, contact our personal injury law firm to schedule a free consultation today.
What Are the Leading Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Orlando, Florida?
Orlando is one of the most dangerous areas in Florida for pedestrians. The shocking increase in pedestrian fatalities in recent years can be attributed to many different factors. Wide roads, high speed limits, and increased traffic have all played a role in making Florida streets more dangerous for walking.
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Orlando include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield to pedestrians in intersections or crosswalks
- Aggressive driving
- Lack of sidewalks and other infrastructure for pedestrians
- Poorly marked crosswalks
- Limited visibility and bad weather
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Negligently designed intersections
- Driving under the influence of drugs
It’s also possible that multiple parties could be responsible for the same accident. If you were injured in an Orlando pedestrian accident and need help determining the cause of your accident, contact us for a free case evaluation.
How Do I Prove My Pedestrian Accident Was Caused by Someone Else’s Negligence in Florida?
Most personal injury cases involve negligence. Pedestrian injury claims are no different. To win your case, you’ll have to satisfy certain legal standards.
Specifically, you must prove the four discrete elements of negligence, which are:
- A legal duty of care existed
- The at-fault party breached the duty of care
- The breach of duty caused your accident
- You suffered damages, or injuries, due to the accident
You must present evidence to the insurance company to back up your case. Depending on the circumstances, that evidence may include police reports, medical records, statements from eyewitnesses, and even video footage of the crash itself.
Let our lawyers take responsibility for the investigation into your crash. We have the resources to locate all available evidence.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in Florida?
The statute of limitations for most pedestrian accident cases in Florida is two years. If you don’t file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of your accident, you lose your right to seek compensation entirely.
When it comes to taking legal action, you shouldn’t delay. Building a strong claim for compensation takes time. The longer you wait, the more difficult it becomes.
Reach out to our lawyers at Payer Personal Injury Lawyers today if you were injured in a pedestrian accident. We’re ready to go to work immediately to protect your right to financial compensation.
Arrange a Free Consultation With an Experienced Orlando Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
Don’t make the mistake of trying to handle your pedestrian accident claim alone. At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers know the law and the legal process. To maximize the value of your case, call (407) 648-1510 to schedule a free consultation with an Orlando pedestrian accident lawyer today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Orlando, FL
Open 24 hours
Our personal injury law firm in Orlando also provides:
- Amusement Park Accident Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Boating Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Brain Injury Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Bus Accidents Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Lyft Accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Uber Accidents Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Workplace accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Orlando, FL