After an accident in Orlando, Florida, you shouldn’t have to struggle with the consequences of a catastrophic injury on your own. Call Payer Personal Injury Lawyers. You may have the right to demand a life-changing monetary award, and our Orlando catastrophic injury lawyers can help you make the most of your fight for compensation.
When you choose Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, you put a team of award-winning Florida trial attorneys with 28+ years of collective experience in your corner. Our case results speak volumes, with over $100 million in settlements and jury awards recovered. Now we’re here to fight for you.
Don’t settle for less than your catastrophic injury case is worth. Show the at-fault party that you’re serious about getting every cent you deserve. Contact our law office in Orlando, FL today to set up a free initial case evaluation.
How Payer Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Catastrophically Injured in an Orlando, FL Accident
Catastrophic injuries can be painful. They can be debilitating. They can interfere with your ability to work and live your life. When someone else is responsible for causing a catastrophic injury, they have to be held accountable.
Our Orlando personal injury lawyers can help you file a legal claim and fight for a maximum financial recovery.
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re highly respected litigators with a proven ability to go toe-to-toe with powerful adversaries and achieve top results for our clients.
Count on us to take care of every aspect of your catastrophic injury case; we’ll:
- Explain your legal rights and help you exhaust all legal options available to you
- Be available to answer important questions or concerns about your case
- Help you obtain the necessary medical treatment to improve the chances of a full recovery
- Carefully investigate the details of your catastrophic injury case
- Build a compelling legal claim for damages backed by solid evidence and expert testimony
- Utilize smart and aggressive negotiation tactics to secure a top-dollar settlement on your behalf
- Reject lowball offers and bring your catastrophic injury lawsuit to a jury in Orange County, FL, if necessary
Catastrophic injuries are costly. Our law firm wants to help without adding to the financial stresses you’re under. That’s why our catastrophic injury attorneys in Orlando work on contingency. We don’t get paid unless we win your catastrophic injury case. No exceptions.
Trust us to help you get every cent your case is worth. Contact us to set up a free consultation today.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury, by definition, is one that has a substantial and potentially long-term adverse effect on your quality of life.
When you suffer an injury that’s catastrophic, it fundamentally changes important aspects of your life – including your physical health and mobility, cognitive function, your ability to work, and/or your overall ability to participate in typical life activities.
The most common catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Burn injury
- Nerve damage
- Eye injury
However, under the right circumstances, any injury has the potential to be catastrophic.
Potential Long-Term Complications of a Catastrophic Injury
Depending on the type of injury you’ve sustained, potential long-term consequences might include:
- Physical scarring
- Depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Vision or hearing loss
- Limited mobility
- Chronic physical pain
- Chronic infection
- Susceptibility to chronic illness and disease
- Respiratory distress
- Cardiac failure
- Sexual dysfunction
It’s important to seek emergency medical attention if you believe that you’ve suffered an injury of catastrophic proportions. Prompt care can help to reduce the risk of infection or complications and get you started on the best treatment plan without delay.
What Are the Leading Causes of Avoidable Catastrophic Injuries in Orlando?
Catastrophic injuries can result from any act of violence or negligence.
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we advocate for clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Matters of premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Boating accidents
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Birth injury
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Assaults and intentional torts
If you or a loved one has been catastrophically injured through little-to-no fault of your own, call our law office in Orlando to discuss your situation. Our Orlando catastrophic injury attorneys can listen to your story, help you understand your rights, and offer advice about the best path forward.
Can Shared Fault Affect My Settlement for a Catastrophic Injury in Florida?
Yes. Florida has a system of modified comparative negligence with a 51 percent bar.
Your negligence will directly affect your ability to recover compensation. You cannot recover an award if your liability is equal to or greater than 51 percent. You can recover a reduced award if you share 50 percent or less responsibility for your catastrophic injury.
For example, let’s say you suffer a severe traumatic brain injury in an Orlando car accident. Your catastrophic injury case is valued at $1 million. However, you’re assigned 10 percent of the blame for the crash. As a result, your maximum settlement or jury award will equal $900,000.
You can limit the effectiveness of victim-blaming tactics by putting an experienced catastrophic injury attorney in your corner. At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we can anticipate these manipulative tactics and work to limit their impact on your fight for compensation.
What Types of Damages Can I Get in an Orlando Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit?
After you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury in an Orlando accident, you can seek compensatory damages through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
In Florida, compensatory damages include both economic and non-economic awards.
Economic damages offset the financial losses and stresses associated with your catastrophic injury, such as:
- Medical devices and equipment
- Future medical bills
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
- Lost wages
Non-economic damages make up for the trauma and suffering you experience as the victim of a catastrophic injury, including:
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
If you were catastrophically injured because of someone else’s intentional or grossly negligent actions, punitive damages may also be available.
What Factors Might Influence the Value of My Orlando Catastrophic Injury Case?
However, a lot more than the cost of medical treatment will affect the value of your catastrophic injury case. Every situation is different, and it’s the factors that make yours unique that will drive valuation.
Important considerations include:
- The specific type of catastrophic injury you’ve suffered
- Whether your doctors believe your injuries will be permanent
- Your overall quality of life
- Changes in your earning capacity and ability to work
- Shared responsibility
- Available insurance benefits and policy limits
- Your age
- Whether the injury has changed your life expectancy
You can learn more about the potential value of your catastrophic injury case by reaching out to a trustworthy law firm near you in Orlando, FL after you’ve been hurt. Call Payer Personal Injury Lawyers to set up your initial case assessment today.
What is the Deadline for Filing a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit in Orlando, Florida?
In Florida, you will generally have two years from the date you suffered your catastrophic injury to file a claim for damages.
The statute of limitations can be tolled – or paused – in certain situations, such as cases involving injured children or when an injury isn’t discovered immediately.
However, once time runs out, so does your ability to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
You can protect yourself and your financial future by calling our catastrophic injury lawyers in Orlando, FL for help right away. We are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Orlando Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Have you recently suffered catastrophic injuries in an Orlando accident? Did you suffer the wrongful death of a family member after they struggled with a catastrophic injury? Contact the experienced legal team at Payer Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate and compassionate assistance.
You may have the right to file a claim for insurance benefits or seek damages in a personal injury lawsuit. Our Orlando catastrophic injury lawyers have the experience and resources needed to help you maximize your recovery.
Give us a call or reach out to our legal team in Orlando to schedule a free case evaluation now.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Orlando, FL
Open 24 hours
Our personal injury law firm in Orlando also provides:
- Amusement Park Accident Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Boating Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Brain Injury Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Bus Accidents Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Lyft Accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Uber Accidents Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Workplace accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Orlando, FL