Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident in Orlando, FL? You may be entitled to compensation if someone else caused the accident. At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re prepared to help you maximize your financial recovery. An experienced Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer can fight to recover full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Since we were founded, our lawyers have dedicated our practice to fighting for accident victims in Central Florida. Our hard work has paid off. We’ve recovered over $100 million in settlements and verdicts for our injured clients.
Why Should I Hire Payer Personal Injury Lawyers for Help Fighting for Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident in Orlando?
You have plenty on your mind after suffering an injury. Recovery can be extremely painful. The trauma of the accident itself can make enjoying life difficult. The bills are probably piling up–and you might not be able to work.
Fighting with the insurance company shouldn’t make the list. Let our Orlando personal injury attorneys at Payer Personal Injury Lawyers handle the legal issues. We’ve already earned a place on the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for our success.
Our lawyers will fight for you by:
- Answering your questions and providing sound legal advice
- Conducting an extensive investigation into the accident
- Collecting evidence to prove your case
- Working closely with motorcycle crash experts and other specialists
- Assessing your case value
- Standing up for you when you’re blamed for causing the crash
- Aggressively negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement offer
Our Orlando personal injury lawyers know how overwhelming an accident can be. We also know that money can make a huge difference. That’s one reason why we always go the extra mile when we’re fighting for our clients. Contact us today to get started.
Statistics on Motorcycle Accidents in the State of Florida
Florida is one of the most dangerous states in the nation for motorcyclists.
Statewide, 9,252 car accidents involving motorcycles were reported to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) in 2022. Sadly, 598 people were killed in those motorcycle wrecks. Another 347 motorcycle accident victims lost their lives during the first eight months of 2023.
In Orange County alone, 457 motorcycle accidents were reported in 2022 – and 32 people lost their lives. Another 12 victims were killed in the first eight months of 2023.
The FLHSMV also publishes annual reports on traffic accidents that cause injuries in Florida. In 2021, almost 2,000 motorcyclists in Florida sustained incapacitating injuries in crashes. Nearly 5,000 crash victims sustained some type of injury.
What Is My Orlando Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
The cost of treating and recovering from an injury can vary widely from person to person. The value of your personal injury case, therefore, depends on the facts of your case.
The most relevant facts include:
- How severe your injuries were
- Whether you are expected to recover fully or suffer a permanent disability
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether your doctor expects you to need future medical care or rehab
- How the injury impacts your work, earnings, and day-to-day life
- Whether you’ll need assistance with basic activities of daily living
- The circumstances of the crash and whether you share any blame
It can be really difficult to know how much your case is worth. That’s especially true if you’re dealing with serious injuries or PTSD.
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers in Orlando have relationships with experts and specialists in the area. We’ll consult them as we build your case and work to understand how the accident and injury have impacted your life
What Damages Are Available to Injured Motorcycle Accident Victims in Orlando?
When you get hurt and someone else is responsible, you can file a claim to recover compensation for your financial losses.
These losses are called “economic damages” and may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Property damage
You can also seek compensation for your personal, non-financial losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
In serious injury cases, every dollar counts. Our lawyers will work hard to document your losses and seek compensation for every available cent. Just call our personal injury law firm today to schedule a free case review.
What Should I Do if I’m Being Blamed for Causing a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
Whether you played a role in the crash or not, you’ll probably be blamed. That’s because Florida adopted a modified comparative negligence law. Anyone who plays a role in the crash shares financial responsibility–including the victim.
Under Florida law, you can lose your right to compensation entirely if the insurance company can prove you were more than 50% responsible for the crash. If your share of fault is less than 51%, your compensation will be reduced proportionately.
The insurance company obviously has an incentive to blame the victim. If that’s the case, don’t panic. They don’t always have the evidence to back up their accusations. Instead, call a lawyer who can protect you.
Our Attorneys in Orlando Will Fight To Recover Fair Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Car accidents involving motorcycles tend to cause severe injuries. Motorcycle riders get to experience a sense of freedom in the open air. Unfortunately, that’s also what makes motorcycle accidents so dangerous. Motorcyclists have very little to protect them in a crash.
Even when motorcyclists wear a helmet and use other safety protection, crash victims often suffer:
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Degloving injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
These are some of the most severe injuries imaginable. If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle wreck, call our Orlando motorcycle accident attorneys today. At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we offer free case reviews so that you can understand your legal options.
What Are the Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Orlando, Florida?
It’s natural to wonder why motorcycle accidents are so common in the Sunshine State.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Making dangerous left-hand turns
- Aggressive driving
- Weaving between lanes
- Drunk driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Congested roads
- Lane splitting
- Dangerous road conditions
- Defective safety equipment
To drive a motorcycle in Florida, drivers must obtain a special motorcycle endorsement. New bikers must also take a basic motorcycle safety course. Still, motorcycle wrecks can happen when motorcycle operators don’t have much experience riding a motorcycle.
What Is Negligence and Why Will I Have To Prove It To Recover Compensation?
After an accident, you can only recover compensation if you can prove that someone else was responsible for the harm you have suffered. That almost always means proving negligence, which is a legal theory that involves four separate elements. It also roughly means “carelessness.”
Proving negligence means establishing:
- A legal duty of care existed
- The defendant breached the duty of care
- The breach of duty directly caused the accident
- You suffered damages, or some type of harm, because of the accident
Our Florida motorcycle accident lawyers have the experience to build a strong and evidence-based claim for compensation.
Examples of the types of evidence we’ll look for in your case include:
- Police reports
- Video footage
- Eyewitnesses who can testify about what happened
- Results of drug and alcohol testing
- Cell phone records
- Data on skid marks, vehicle damage, and other hard information from the crash scene
- Medical records
- Opinions from doctors and other experts
It’s important to understand all of your legal options for recovering the compensation you deserve after a motorcycle accident. Otherwise, you could miss out on valuable compensation.
Don’t wait too long to seek legal advice. Call our team at Payer Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.
How Much Time Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Accident in Florida?
Under Florida law, the statute of limitations in most personal injury cases is now two years. You must file a lawsuit within two years of the crash or lose your right to compensation completely.
However, if you were injured before March 24, 2023, you have four years from the date of the accident to take legal action. There are exceptions to each of these deadlines, so it is best to contact a personal injury lawyer to confirm the time limit for your case.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With an Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Motorcycle accidents can be extremely traumatic. If you were on the bike, it’s likely that the ordeal will haunt you for months, if not years. If the accident happened because someone else was careless, call Payer Personal Injury Lawyers today at (407) 648-1510. With an experienced Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer on your team, you’re much more likely to recover fair compensation. Reach out to us to schedule a free consultation.
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our client reviews on Google here.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Orlando, FL
Open 24 hours
Our personal injury law firm in Orlando also provides:
- Amusement Park Accident Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Boating Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Brain Injury Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Bus Accidents Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Lyft Accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Uber Accidents Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Workplace accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Orlando, FL