After a Lyft accident in Orlando, Florida, don’t hesitate to call Payer Personal Injury Lawyers. Our experienced Orlando Lyft accident lawyers can help you take on powerful insurance companies and fight for the maximum financial award you need and deserve.
Payer Personal Injury Lawyers has been a trusted advocate for crash victims in Orlando for years. Our acclaimed legal team includes award-winning Florida trial attorneys with over 50 years of collective experience. Fighting passionately for our clients, we’ve successfully obtained over $100 million in settlements and jury awards.
Contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation at (407) 648-1510 to find out how we can help you after your Lyft accident. Staff at our Orlando, FL, law office are always available to help – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How Payer Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lyft Car Accident in Orlando, FL
Lyft accidents can be more complicated than other types of car accident cases. Matters of liability are often disputed. Several parties – including multiple insurance companies – can be involved. No one will want to step up and take responsibility for your devastating injuries and trauma.
Our personal injury attorney in Orlando can help to make your fight for compensation easier.
For decades, we’ve been trusted by car accident victims to help them stand up to powerful corporations and manipulative insurance companies. The results speak volumes – with over $100 million recovered on behalf of deserving clients like you.
Now you can turn to us for help, giving yourself the opportunity to focus on your road to recovery.
As we handle your Lyft injury claim, you can count on us to:
- Launch a timely investigation into your Lyft accident
- Determine exactly what caused the Lyft accident and identify who’s at fault
- Gather evidence to support a compelling legal claim for damages
- Bring in expert witnesses to offer insight into your case
- Identify all available insurance policies and seek maximum benefits
- Handle settlement negotiations with insurance companies and other liable parties on your behalf
- Seek a top-dollar verdict at trial if the defendant refuses to take responsibility for your tragic Lyft accident
Any car accident can be costly. When you’re injured in an accident with a Lyft rideshare vehicle, it’s easy for costs to add up quickly. If severe injuries limit your ability to work, you might have to tap into your savings to make ends meet. Payer Personal Injury Lawyers wants to help you make things right by providing the top-tier legal representation you deserve – without adding to your financial stress. So, we’re ready to represent you on contingency. You only pay if our car accident attorneys in Orlando win compensation for your Lyft injury case.
Give us a call to learn more. Your initial case evaluation is 100 percent free.
Are Lyft Accidents Common?
There aren’t any hard-and-fast statistics on car accidents involving Uber and Lyft rideshare vehicles. However, research out of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business indicates that fatal car accidents have increased by about 3 percent since rideshare vehicles started operating across the nation.
In large cities, rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have likely contributed to an additional 900+ deaths a year.
What Causes Lyft Rideshare Accidents in Orlando?
Lyft driver negligence is the leading cause of these types of car accidents in Orlando, Florida.
It makes sense. After all, Lyft drivers aren’t professionals. They don’t have to undergo extensive testing or pass exams to drive for Lyft. They simply have to satisfy Lyft’s minimum driver requirements and have appropriate insurance.
Lyft drivers are also under a lot of demands behind the wheel, which means that they’re more likely to:
- Get distracted by their phone, the Lyft app, and passengers
- Fail to pay attention to traffic while searching for a passenger drop-off or pickup
- Speed to complete more rides in an effort to make more money
- Rely on drugs or alcohol to cope with the stresses of their jobs
- Engage in reckless behaviors like tailgating, making illegal turns, or running red lights
Many people drive for Lyft as a source of secondary income. As a result, many drivers have already put in a full day’s work before logging into the Lyft app and driving customers around Orlando. This puts them at an increased risk of fatigue, which is a major contributor to crashes.
Can I Sue Lyft After a Car Accident?
Generally speaking, no, you can’t sue Lyft after getting into an accident with one of its drivers.
Lyft and other rideshare services have invested a lot of time and resources into classifying its drivers as independent contractors, rather than employees.
When there’s an accident, this helps the company sidestep vicarious liability for driver negligence.
Even though you might not be able to sue Lyft under most circumstances, you do still have the opportunity to recover compensation for crash-related damages.
How Do I Get Compensation After an Orlando Lyft Accident?
If you’re driving another vehicle and get into an accident with a Lyft, you’ll have to file a claim with your insurance company to recover Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits and other benefits available under your policy.
If your injuries are serious (as defined by Florida law) or if you’re a Lyft passenger who’s injured in a crash, you’ll be able to seek compensation from the negligent Lyft driver, other liable parties, and insurance companies.
When the Lyft driver is at fault, payment of damages depends on the driver’s status at the time of the wreck.
- Lyft driver off duty: Lyft driver is personally responsible for crash-related damages. You can sue the driver personally or seek benefits from their personal insurance policy.
- Lyft driver waiting for a ride request: Lyft has a limited insurance policy that will cover crash-related costs.
- Lyft driver on duty, actively engaged in a ride request. Lyft has a $1 million insurance policy that can cover costs related to personal injury and property damage.
You can also pursue damages from a liable third party, such as another motorist, a pedestrian, a bicyclist, a government agency, or a vehicle manufacturer.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Orlando Lyft Accident Victims?
Economic and non-economic damages can be awarded if you’ve recently suffered injuries in a Lyft accident in Orlando, Florida.
Through a successful legal claim, you can potentially get money for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses if a Lyft accident in Orlando is fatal
Payer Personal Injury Lawyers will help you take on powerful insurance companies and fight to get every cent you deserve. Our Lyft accident attorneys will invest decades of experience and consult with experts who can help us build a more complete and compelling legal claim to get you a maximum financial recovery.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I’m Blamed for a Florida Lyft Accident?
It’s possible. However, under Florida’s modified comparative negligence rule, you must share less than 51 percent of the blame for the Lyft accident.
If you’re assigned some – but not most – of the blame for your crash, you can recover a reduced monetary award.
Let’s say you’re involved in a Lyft accident and suffer $50,000 in damages. Your assigned 10 percent of the blame for the wreck. As a result, your maximum settlement or jury award will equal $45,000.
Our Lyft accident attorneys in Orlando will help you fight back against allegations that you caused or contributed to your traffic accident. We’ll force insurance companies to review your claim in good faith and engage in meaningful, honest negotiations. The less fault you’re assigned, the more money you can potentially recover when your Lyft accident case is resolved.
Fighting To Get Compensation for All of Your Orlando Lyft Accident Injuries
Whether you’re a passenger in a Lyft vehicle, a pedestrian, a bicyclist, or an occupant of another car, it’s possible to sustain life-changing injuries in a wreck.
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, our award-winning legal team is here to help you recover money for all of your crash-related trauma, including:
- Brain injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injury
- Knee injury
- Chest injury
- Eye injury
- Nerve damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death of a family member
Report your Lyft accident to the police and the company, and then seek emergency medical treatment at a local hospital in Orlando right away. Once your condition is stable, call our Lyft accident lawyers in Orlando to discuss your legal rights and options. We’re here to help 24 hours a day.
How Long Do I Have To File a Florida Lyft Accident Lawsuit?
You’ll have two years from the date of your Lyft car accident to pursue compensation in the State of Florida.
Once the statute of limitations expires, so do your legal rights to demand accountability. Since there are exceptions to the statute of limitations, we recommend that you contact our law office as soon as you can to determine the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit in your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Orlando Lyft Accident Lawyer
Call Payer Personal Injury Lawyers if you’ve recently been injured or suffered the tragic death of a family member in a Lyft accident in Orlando, Florida.
Our Orlando Lyft accident lawyers have decades of experience handling complex motor vehicle injury claims and a proven ability to win top results.
Now we’re here to fight for you. Give our Orlando law office a call today to schedule a free initial case evaluation.
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our client reviews on Google.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Orlando, FL
Open 24 hours
Our personal injury law firm in Orlando also provides:
- Amusement Park Accident Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Boating Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Brain Injury Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Bus Accidents Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Lyft Accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Orlando, FL
- Uber Accidents Lawyers in Orlando, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Orlando, FL
- Workplace accidents Attorney in Orlando, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Orlando, FL