Fascinating Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Accidents are unavoidable, and in this day and age it appears that pedestrian accidents are beginning to ramp up. We here at Payer Law Group an Orlando based company, are here to let you know that your safe with our Orlando personal injury attorneys. We have a team of dedicated professionals, that are here to help protect victims that experience personal injury. You may be asking yourself, “what is the likelihood that I would ever need an Injury Attorney?”. Well today we are gonna shine some light on what an Injury Attorney can do for you, as well as give you some interesting statistics on pedestrian accidents.
What is an Injury Attorney?
Personal Injury Attorneys help their clients receive compensation for their losses. This can include loss of income due to not be able to working, pain and suffering, as well as emotional distress. Their main goal is to amend what has been altered, in a positive way.
They work cases under a large umbrella. Anything that involves injury to the mind or body falls under the personal injury law. Some of these cases are included, but not limited to.
- Auto accidents
- Construction accidents
- Animal bite injuries
- Defective products
- Wrongful death
- Burn injuries
- Brain injuries
- Boating accidents
- Aviation accidents
Statistics on Pedestrian Accidents
Around seventy percent of all pedestrian accidents occur in Urban areas. This is very likely due to the greater amount of people walking as opposed to driving in urban areas. Even though as a society we stress a great amount of importance on bringing awareness to these issues. We continue to see these trends on a upward path. So what is really going on here? Well let’s take a look at some statistics that may help us understand a bit more.
- Distracted driving is the major contributing factor in all pedestrian related deaths.
- Darkness is a factor in more than seventy percent of all pedestrian related deaths in 2013.
- Pedestrians sixty five years and older were about ten percent of people injured.
- Twenty percent of the pedestrians killed in 2013 were children under the age of 15.
- In 49% of the cases in 2013 alcohol was a factor.
- 41,259 people were killed in an accident involving a motor vehicle. Out of this number, 4,699 were walkers.
- 42,836 people were in crash related deaths in 2004. Out of this number, 4675 people in the United States were pedestrians. This made up eleven percent of the total people killed in crashes that year.
- 4,735 of the people involved in motor vehicle crashes were pedestrians killed. This number accounted for fourteen percent of all deaths involving accidents that year.
When it comes to pedestrian accidents there are no other Orlando companies more knowledgeable than us. Here at Payer Law Group we understand the importance of protecting yourself, and getting the compensation you deserve. So make sure to call or visit us today.