Close Menu

My Child Was Injured in a Car Accident. What Do I Do?

minor car accident orlando

Getting injured in a minor car accident is already devastating enough, but an injury of a child can be even more devastating. Payer Law is here to represent you and your child in your accident and get you the compensation that you need to take care of them after the accident. As a personal injury attorney Orlando trusts, we know what it takes to get you the compensation that you deserve. We understand that the injury of a child can sometimes be even more severe than an adult’s and there are ways to ensure that they are compensated fairly for these injuries. If you are interested in learning more about our car accident services, contact us at Payer Law today.

Child Injured in a Minor Car Accident

While a minor car accident may not seem like something terrible, it can be if your child was injured. In those instances, you may wonder if your child is entitled to the same number of rights and the same kinds of compensation that you are entitled to. Usually, your child is allowed the same rights that you are if you are getting a compensation for an accident. That means that they can also get compensation for pain and suffering as well as medical bills, disability, and permanent injury.

Obviously, because the child is not able to file their own claim, you as a parent are allowed to file for them. There is typically a form that you must sign in addition to getting permission from a judge. Once this is done, you can then begin the process of getting compensation for your child’s accident.

Many times, insurance companies will want to settle as quickly and as easily as possible because it will allow them to avoid the expensive court costs. It is also in their best interest to make sure that everything is taken care of properly so that they do not have to deal with a court case later on when the child is older.

Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney Orlando Residents Trust?

The steps to helping prove your child’s case are the same as they would be for an adult. You have to make sure that you have the adequate proof to show that the accident happened as you said it did. You must also make sure that you take your child to the doctor immediately following the accident so that you can have that on file and be able to present the medical records as part of the case. We at Payer Law can help you sort through all of this and get the compensation that you need to help your child recover.

Contact Us

Payer Law is the personal injury attorney Orlando residents trust. We can help you get a claim filed on behalf of your child so that you can get the sufficient compensation that you need to pay for their medical expenses and to make their lives more comfortable after the accident. To learn more, contact us today.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn