Chris Payer Honorary Sports Medicine Scholarship
The Payer Law Group and Orlando Orthopaedic Center Foundation are proud to offer the Chris Payer Honorary Sports Medicine Scholarship. Chris Payer was an Orlando Orthopaedic Center Foundation board member who was an ardent supporter of youth athletics and education. Chris tragically passed away in early 2019. This scholarship award honors his legacy.
This award is given annually to an Orange or Seminole County High School student who participates in their high school’s athletic training and education activities and plans to pursue a sports medicine-related career.
Two $2,500 financial scholarship awards are to be used for college education.
Please attach the following documents with your application:
- SAT/ACT Scores
- Reference Letter from Athletic Trainer
- Reference Letter from Community Leader (ex: business professionals, medical professionals, leaders from non-profit organizations)
- Short essay (1-2 pages double spaced) that contains the following:
- Intended Sports Medicine Career
- How did you become interested in sports medicine and athletic training??
- Sports medicine related activities to date
- Professional Goals
- Planned Academic Pathway
- List of activities/events that you have participated in that demonstrate your dedication towards achieving your professional goals (courses taken, assisted with a special event, certifications earned, attendance at student events/conferences, community service activities)