Avoid Distracted Driving with These Tips
A distracted driving accident is avoidable as long as you know what to do in your car. Payer Law is an Orlando personal injury attorney and we know that while it may not be possible to stop other drivers from causing an accident, we can provide our clients with tips to keep themselves safe out on the road. If you are interested in learning more about how to stop distracted driving on the road or you would like to schedule a consultation with us to discuss a case, contact us today.
Tips for Better Driving
- Only Use Your Cellphones in Emergency Situations: It’s becoming more and more common for cellphone use while driving to be illegal, so you may get ticketed for doing it. Even if it is not illegal, speaking on the phone can cause you to miss important visual and audio clues, so only use them in emergency situations and pull over to the right shoulder when you do so.
- Don’t Drive Drowsy: Drowsiness can be as dangerous to a driver as drinking. In fact, a government study showed that 37% of drivers in the United States have fallen asleep at the wheel at least once in their lives. Do not continue driving if you are drowsy, simply pull over.
- Limit Passengers: Young drivers are often tempted to have friends with them in the car and this can quickly lead to accidents. Many states prohibit teenage drivers from carrying other teenage passengers in their car with them to stop them from driving distracted within their first few months of driving.
- Don’t Eat While Driving: Many drivers feel rushed in their mornings and try to bring their breakfast with them in the car. However, eating takes your attention away from the road. This becomes even worse if you spill your food which can draw your attention away from the dash.
- No Multi-Tasking: Multi-tasking may seem tempting when you are in the car, but your focus needs to stay zeroed in on the road. Even the moment that you took to text or find a better radio station could be the moment that you slam into the car in front of you.
Were You in a Distracted Driving Accident?
As careful as you can be as a driver on the road, it is difficult to avoid those who do not have the same concern for safety as you. You may fall victim to a distracted driving accident and need an Orlando personal injury attorney to help you. Payer Law can be that resource for you. We know how devastating a distracted driving accident may be and we have the tools to help you. Contact us to learn more.
As an Orlando personal injury attorney, Payer Law understands how important it is to stay alert on the road in order to avoid accidents. However, sometimes accidents do happen. If you have an accident happen to you as a result of a distracted driver, contact us at Payer Law.