Suppose you are dealing with the aftermath of an accident in Pine Hills, Orlando, FL. You may be facing medical bills and emotional distress due to the injury, property damage, and lost wages. Bringing a personal injury claim can help you obtain compensation for these costs. However, it can be overwhelming to think about bringing a personal injury claim while dealing with the recovery process.
Payer Personal Injury Lawyers is an established firm in Orlando, FL that has been helping injury victims and their families for decades. Our lawyers in Pine Hills, Florida, will be your dedicated advocates throughout the process of bringing a personal injury claim. Our Pine Hills personal injury attorney will work to ensure that you are compensated for your injuries to the maximum extent possible.
How Payer Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You in Pine Hills
Navigating the aftermath of an accident in Pine Hills, FL can be overwhelming. The journey to recovery can be arduous, both physically and emotionally. At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys is committed to being your staunch advocates during this challenging time. We understand the complexities of personal injury law and are here to provide comprehensive services tailored to your unique needs.
Here’s how our Pine Hills personal injury lawyers can help you:
- Investigation and evidence gathering: We will collect witness statements, analyze accident reports, and gather relevant medical records. We leave no stone unturned in building a robust case in your favor.
- Determining liability: Whether it’s a negligent driver, a property owner, or a product manufacturer, we meticulously assess the details to establish liability and hold the at-fault party accountable.
- Calculating Damages: We work closely with medical professionals, economists, and other experts to determine economic and non-economic damages, ensuring that you receive fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Negotiating with Insurers: Our experienced personal injury attorneys handle all communications with insurers, skillfully negotiating to secure the maximum compensation possible.
- Litigation when Necessary: While many cases are resolved through negotiation, we are fully prepared to take your case to court if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
- Compassionate Guidance: We understand the emotional toll an injury can take, and we’re here to listen, answer your questions, and guide you toward a brighter, more secure future.
If you have been injured in an accident in Pine Hills, let Payer Personal Injury Lawyers take care of your personal injury case so that you can focus on your recovery.
How Common Are Accidents in Pine Hills, Orlando, FL?
Accidents can happen anywhere, and Pine Hills is no exception. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in Orange County, where Pine Hills is located, more than 27,000 crashes occurred in 2021. These crashes resulted in over 23,000 injuries and over 200 fatalities. These numbers have only been increasing from previous years.
What Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
The potential value of your personal injury case depends upon several key factors:
- Severity of injuries
- Medical expenses incurred
- Duration of treatment
- Value of property damaged and cost of repair
- Emotional distress, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Disruption to daily activities
- Loss of ability to work
- Loss of earning capacity
- Future expenses (e.g., medical treatment, ongoing PTSD)
A skilled personal injury attorney can make a case for you to obtain compensation for the maximum extent of your injuries.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Personal Injury Victims?
Damages are the compensation that plaintiffs receive for the harm that the accident has caused. As a personal injury victim, you are likely eligible for two primary types of damages: economic and non-economic damages. A skilled lawyer can make a case for you to obtain both kinds of damages.
Economic damages compensate concrete, measurable financial losses. This can include costs that have accrued before filing the lawsuit, such as the property damage to one’s vehicle and the cost of an emergency room visit. It can also include future expenses, such as ongoing rehabilitation and loss of earning capacity due to the injury.
Non-economic damages compensate for intangible losses like pain, suffering, and emotional distress. The emotional pain of an accident is real, and the injury can cause a significant disruption to one’s life. For instance, a plaintiff can claim non-economic damages for loss of enjoyment of the activities that one used to do.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand the financial strain that an injury can cause. That’s why we operate on a contingency fee basis. A contingency fee structure allows you to bring a personal injury claim without worrying about paying attorney fees upfront. This makes it more accessible for injury victims to seek justice.
In a contingency fee structure, your lawyer is only compensated if you win a recovery. If you do not obtain a recovery, you do not owe any attorney fees. Attorneys are paid a percentage of the recovery, so they are motivated to win and maximize your compensation.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed For an Accident in Florida?
Florida operates under a modified comparative fault system. The state follows a 51% bar, so you cannot recover damages if you are more than 50 percent at fault for the accident. If you are less than 51% at fault, you will be able to obtain a recovery, reduced by the portion of your fault.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation For All Of Your Personal Injuries
At Payer Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve successfully represented clients with a range of injuries, including:
- Car Accidents: Whether you are a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, we bring car accident claims on behalf of injured parties.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are vulnerable on the road.
- Truck Accidents: Accidents involving trucks can be devastating and can often involve multiple vehicles.
- Construction Accidents: Construction sites are ripe with opportunities for injury, from loose building materials to improperly operated heavy machinery.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: When property owners do not maintain their premises, guests and customers can be injured. We will help you bring claims for injuries sustained due to hazardous conditions on another person’s property.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one in an accident can be devastating. Our lawyers can help you seek compensation and justice for your loved one during this difficult time.
We have experience with other kinds of claims as well. For a complete list of the types of cases that we handle, contact our office.
What Causes Most Accidents in Pine Hills, Orlando, FL?
Understanding the common causes of accidents can help you stay vigilant and avoid potential risks.
Common causes of injury in Pine Hills include:
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who are texting, grooming, or even eating while driving may be more likely not to notice people, signs, or obstacles on the road.
- Improper Premises Maintenance: Poorly maintained properties lead to slip and fall incidents.
- Negligent Professionals: When professionals do not follow safety protocols, people can be injured.
- Construction Sites: Orlando is a city that is constantly growing and changing, and this growth requires a great deal of construction. Improperly secured construction sites can injure both construction workers and passersby.
If you have been injured in an accident in Pine Hills, you should seek our an experienced personal injury lawyer.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Accident in Florida?
In order to prove negligence after an accident in Florida, a plaintiff must prove that all four elements of a negligence claim are met.
The elements of negligence that must be proven are:
- Duty of Care: Most people owe a duty of care to others to act reasonably (e.g. drivers owe a duty of care to remain vigilant and follow all traffic laws).
- Breach of Duty: If someone does not meet the duty of care required, that is a breach of duty. A grocery store may breach its duty to act reasonably if they do not regularly monitor and maintain safe premises for its customers.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of his or her duty must have been the cause of the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Damages: Finally, a plaintiff must establish that injuries resulted from the defendant’s breach of his or her duties.
All four of these elements must be proven for a plaintiff to succeed in a negligence claim.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing a personal injury lawsuit in Florida. Florida’s statute of limitations specifies that the deadline to bring personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. However, it is still important to retain an attorney as soon as possible.
The attorney will need time to gather evidence, build a claim, and file that claim in a timely manner. If you do not file a claim before the deadline, you forfeit your right to sue.
Contact Our Pine Hills Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in Pine Hills, FL, you do not have to navigate the process of bringing a personal injury claim alone. Contact Payer Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with our Pine Hills personal injury lawyer. We have recovered over $100 million for our clients, and we are prepared to fight for you. Let us guide you through your case and help you secure the compensation you deserve.